AMD has just announced new additions to the AMD Radeon PRO W6000 Series line of desktop and mobile workstation graphics cards, all designed to deliver optimum performance, stability and reliability for professional users, including digital artists , designers and engineers, as well as office workers in general.
The new AMD Radeon PRO W6400 graphics card is built on the high-performance, power-efficient AMD RDNA 2 graphics architecture and advanced 6nm manufacturing process technology, with 16MB of high-bandwidth AMD Infinity Cache memory technology high and low latency acting as a bandwidth amplifier. . The new graphics card offers an ideal blend of performance and efficiency at an affordable price; it’s optimized for use with popular CAD and office applications, with a compact design that can be easily added to modern small form factor desktops.
Compared to the previous generation, the AMD Radeon PRO W6400 graphics card delivers up to three times better performance in Autodesk AutoCAD 2022 during 3D orbit rotation tests in shaded modes. It also delivers up to 87% better performance in McNeel Rhino using the Holomark 2 benchmark with mesh, object, and model data stress testing. The new graphics card also offers performance gains in typical desktop applications and workloads, such as video conferencing, email and web browsing, where reliability and stability are essential.
Additions to the AMD Radeon PRO product family also include the AMD Radeon PRO W6500M and AMD Radeon PRO W6300M GPUs for next-generation professional mobile workstations. The new GPUs are also built on the AMD RDNA 2 graphics architecture with 6nm process technology and leverage up to 8MB of AMD Infinity Cache memory technology to deliver ultra-high frame rates, reliability and optimal performance for professional applications.
“Work patterns have changed dramatically over the past year, forcing business users to work more efficiently and complete projects faster than ever before,” said Scott Herkelman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD. “The Radeon PRO W6400 is a powerful graphics card that leverages the award-winning AMD RDNA 2 architecture feature set, not only enabling mainstream CAD professionals to produce incredible and intricate designs, but also meeting the demands of today’s office workers who need to edit images, create presentations, collaborate and multi-task more than ever.Plus, the new AMD Radeon PRO W6000 Series mobile graphics card offers the ideal combination of performance and mobility to handle a range of workloads for professionals on the go.
High performance and advanced features
New additions to the AMD Radeon PRO product family offer a combination of performance, efficiency and affordability for mainstream business users. Key features include:
- AMD RDNA 2 architecture: The award-winning AMD RDNA 2 graphics architecture delivers up to 94% faster performance than the previous generation GCN architecture.
- AMD Infinity Cache Technology: Up to 16MB of last-level (L3) data cache integrated on the GPU chip is designed to reduce latency and power consumption, enabling superior performance over previous architectural designs.
- Advanced Features: AMD Radeon PRO W6000 Series graphics cards offer hardware-accelerated ray tracing, remote working capabilities, 8K display support, the latest PCIe 3.0 and 4.0 high-speed data transfer, VR Creator support, HDR Ready support, and Quad-buffer stereo – all supported as standard features.
- Window improvements: Dynamic resolution technology is designed to improve frame rates in GPU-limited scenarios. By intelligently reducing the resolution only in scenarios where rapid movement in the window is detected, it can provide a significant improvement in interactivity without affecting the image quality perceived by the user.
- Application certificates: AMD continues to work with leading professional software application vendors such as Autodesk, Robert McNeel & Associates and others to ensure AMD Radeon PRO graphics cards are designed and tested to meet exceptional standards, delivering the stability and reliability required by workstation professionals. The list of certified applications is available here.
The AMD Radeon PRO W6400 graphics card is expected to be available from Q1 2022, starting at a SEP of $229. AMD Radeon PRO W6500M and Radeon PRO W6300M GPUs are expected to be available in pre-built OEM systems in select countries later this year.
Dan Sarto is the publisher and editor of Animation World Network.