Join Amazon Web Services (AWS) at the annual SIGGRAPH conference in Vancouver August 8-11 to learn about the latest cloud technologies for content production. Throughout the conference, AWS Booth 602 will feature demos of the latest content workflows and cloud-enabled products from AWS and AWS partners including Arch Platform Technologies, Autodesk, Blackmagic Design, Conductor Technologies, Dead Drop Labs, Epic Games, Foundry, Houdini, Isotropix, Maxon, TrackIt, TriumphTech and Wacom. Attendees will experience a full content production pipeline, including an LED volume stage (at booth 1039), powered by AWS.
On Wednesday, August 10 in Room 118 of the Vancouver Convention Center, a full day of “AWS Innovators” sessions will include talks and panels from Animal Logic, Bardel Animation, Framestore, FuzzyPixel, HaZimation Studios, Netflix, NVIDIA, Pixomondo, Preymaker , Scanline, Wētā Digital/Unity, and a fireside chat with Love, Death + Robots creator and founder of Blur Studios Tim Miller.
Visit the AWS at SIGGRAPH event page for a complete schedule as well as registration codes for free access to the exhibition, and consult their blog post for the latest announcements leading up to the show. DigiPro attendees can also attend AWS on Sunday, August 7 at the Fairmont Hotel.
Here is an overview of the schedule for the “AWS Innovators” sessions on Wednesday, August 10:
- 9:00 a.m.–9:30 a.m. | Session: Content Production in the Cloud, at Scale
- 9.30am–10.00am | Session: Hinged on the cloud: Animal Logic’s “Unhinged” trailer using Amazon Nimble Studio
- 10.00–10.30 a.m. | Session: Dive Deep: AWS Infrastructure for Animal Logic’s “Unhinged”
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. | Panel: Innovating for the artist experience (with Netflix and Scanline)
- 11:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m. | Session: Storytelling from the AWS Cloud (with Framestore)
- 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. | Fireside Chat: Love, Death and Tim Miller: Lessons from the Production
- 2:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m. | Session: Multi-vendor collaboration in virtual production: how not to create silos (with Pixomondo)
- 2.30–3.00 p.m. | Session: Innovative Pipelines with AWS and Wacom: Creating 3D Animated Feature Films (with HaZimation Studio)
- 3:00 p.m.–3:30 p.m. | Session: Rethinking Creativity: Empowering Artists with Remote Production Pipelines (with NVIDIA and Preymaker)
- 3.30–4.30 p.m. | Panel: Building and Sustaining a Strong Culture While Hiring Artists Worldwide (with Wētā Digital/Unity, Preymaker and Bardel Entertainment)
- 4.30–5.30 p.m. | Panel: The making of “Picchu”
Dan Sarto is the publisher and editor of Animation World Network.