When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
- Disney Plus Day is scheduled for September 8, the day before Expo D23 begins in Anaheim, California.
- The Disney Plus Day celebration will feature new streaming debuts and special announcements.
- Starting at 12 p.m. ET on September 8, new and returning members can get a month of Disney Plus for $2.
On September 8, Disney will celebrate its streaming service with a special event called Disney Plus Day. This year’s event will lead directly into Disney’s D23 Expo 2022, which will be held September 9-11 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Fans and subscribers can expect a slew of announcements to come during Disney Plus daytime and D23 weekend, and Disney has already revealed plenty of new movies and shows premiering on Disney Plus as part of the celebration.
Disney is also launching a special for Disney Plus Day at 12 p.m. ET on September 8. New subscribers and returning subscribers will be able to get a month of Disney Plus for just $2. The discount is especially welcome this year, as the price of ad-free Disney Plus is set to drop from $8 to $11 per month on December 8.
What is Disney Plus Day?
Disney Plus Day is an online event dedicated to promoting Disney’s streaming service with new releases, trailers, offers and special announcements.
The first Disney Plus Day was a celebration of the streaming service’s second anniversary in November 2021. This year’s event takes place a day before the D23 Expo, which is an in-person Disney fan convention in Anaheim, California. .
When is Disney Plus day?
Disney Plus Day is September 8. New releases slated to premiere on Disney Plus Day should be available to stream at 3 a.m. ET, but more content may unlock later today if additional titles are announced.
What new movies and shows will arrive on Disney Plus day?
Disney has confirmed several premieres planned for Disney Plus Day, including the launch of “Pinocchio” starring Tom Hanks and Benjamin Evans Ainsworth, and the streaming debut of “Thor: Love and Thunder,” the latest film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Other new titles coming on Disney Plus Day include sung versions of “Frozen” and Frozen 2, new animated shorts featuring Pixar’s “The Simpsons” and “Cars,” a documentary on behind-the-scenes exploring the making of “Obi-Wan Kenobi,” and more.
Here’s a full rundown of every movie and series premiering on Disney Plus day:
- “Cars on the Road”
- “Dancing with the Stars: The Pros’ Most Memorable Dances”
- “Epic Adventures with Bertie Gregory”
- Songs “Frozen” and “Frozen 2”
- “Growing up”
- “Thor: Love and Thunder”
- “Assembled: The Creation of Thor: Love and Thunder”
- “Obi-Wan Kenobi: Return of a Jedi”
- “Pinocchio” (2022)
- “The Simpsons: Welcome to the Club”
- “Tierra Incognita”
A murder mystery series called “Wedding Season” is also set to debut on Disney Plus Day in Latin America, but it will stream on Hulu in the US instead.
Will there be subscription offers on the day of Disney Plus?
New eligible Disney Plus subscribers will be able to get one month of service for $2 as part of a special Disney Plus Day offer. That’s $6 off the regular monthly price.
The promotion will launch at 12 p.m. ET on September 8 and will run until 2:59 a.m. ET on September 20.
Can subscribers enjoy other benefits on Disney Plus Day?
Disney also offers several other benefits to subscribers on Disney Plus Day, including special offers on Disney cruises and hotels.
Here’s a full rundown of Disney Plus Day subscriber benefits:
- ShopDisney Benefits – Disney Plus members will be able to access a special collection of merchandise in the shopDisney online store. Plus, all customers can get free shipping on September 8 using code: FREESHIP.
- Disney Cruise Line Offer – Subscribers will be able to save on select Disney cruises on Disney Magic, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy with a departure date between January and April 2023. The offer will allow the third and fourth guests to sail for free when staying in the same room as two full price guests.
- Walt Disney World Resort Promotions – Disney will offer a vacation promotion to subscribers wishing to book a stay at a Walt Disney World Resort. Details will be available at www.disneyworld.com/disneyplus on September 8.
- National Geographic subscription offer – Disney Plus members will be eligible for a six-month free trial of National Geographic’s digital subscription.
- Uber One offer – This extended offer will allow Disney Plus members to benefit from six months of Uber One for free. Subscribers also get $25 off their first order with Uber Eats.
- Early Entry to Disney Parks – Disney World in Florida, Disneyland in California and Disneyland in Paris will let Disney Plus members enter the park 30 minutes earlier on September 8. Subscribers staying at Disney Hotels will be able to enter the parks a full hour earlier.
- Bonus points for Disney Movie Insiders – Disney Plus subscribers can get 150 bonus points by linking their accounts to a Disney Movie Insiders subscription by September 30. Disney Movie Insiders is a free service that allows users to redeem points for rewards such as Disney merchandise.